18 April 2010

do it for molly

i know twilight is way overused, but hang in with me for a minute...


new moon was the last movie molly and i saw together a week before she passed away. (yes, we were allowed to be complete goons around each other and neither would judge.) in the movie, edward disappears and the only way bella can feel close to him - hear his voice - is by doing dangerous things. riding a motorcycle, jumping off a cliff, getting harrassed by drunk men, etc. lucky for me, i have found a similar way to hear molly's voice and i don't even have to put my life in danger. all i have to do is run.


runners will tell you they have chants to keep them going. during the hospital hill run last year i sang kanye's stronger over and over in my head.


n-now that that don't kill me
can only make me stronger
i need you to hurry up now
because i can't wait much longer


it just popped in my head. but it worked. today was the broadway bridge run. this was my second 5k and i even shaved a few minutes off my hospital hill time (still waiting on official stats). i ran with kristine for 2 miles when she pulled back because of her IT band hurting. molly and i had the last mile together. i can see her as i chant to myself: do it for molly. i can hear her cheer me on: go jewels! i wasn't surprised though. she's been cheering me on since she disappeared last december. just one more incentive to run.


looking at that old hospital hill blog post, i realized i was supposed to run the o'fallen fall fest 5k with molly last october. it turned out that weeked was grant's wedding reception so i didn't run it with her. but she's with me every time i run now.


miss you mmft.

crossing the finish line at 33:13

2 comments:

  1. I am proud of you. Had to be motivating and emotional and crushing and awesome - all at once. I hate to be cliche and cheesy, but - you go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful post. thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete